Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

The best invite I have ever received!


For those who do not know me well enough, I get sooooo excited by just talking about traveling, never mind living the actual experience itself. Not to mention the fact that I will be traveling for a great cause which I have never had the privilege to do. To add to all these realness, I am heading to a country I have never visited. In fact, this will be my first trip in exploring Asia and couldn’t be more pleased to be in Bangkok which is the capital of Thailand and also known as the Venice of the East.

Being part of the CSC program is an honor and an exciting opportunity for me. But what’s more thrilling is the fact that this is the first CSC team ever to be deployed to Thailand. This is something I had never anticipated and couldn’t be happier about. We as a team, will be the subject matter expert in guiding future teams to Thailand. This will certainly give me the chance to stay connected to the CSC program by being involved as a future CSC alumni and present my experience.

On the other hand, there is clearly one disadvantage here is that we will not have any feedback from previous deployed teams to guide us about the country’s work environment, culture awareness, business needs, local and fun activities … etc. Therefore, I started my own research already to learn about Thailand. The more I search and read the more I get excited!

The entire CSC team consists of 12 members from 9 different countries (Brazil, Canada, China, India, Pakistan, Poland, Mexico, United Arab Emirates, US).  It is a very diverse team geographically and also from skills and background perspectives (Consulting, HR, Project Management, IT Architect and Software Engineer).

Our NGO partner for Thailand who’s supporting all the sub assignments for the CSC team is called ABV (Australian Business Volunteers). They have been working very diligently with the team arranging all the details of the trip from booking our flights, hotel accommodations and helping us in our visa applications. Also, they are responsible for building sub teams based on skills and connecting us to the local clients. Many thanks to ABV for sending me a very practical smart guide on Thailand. This is exactly what I was looking for. I am planning to finish reading it during my looooong flight to Bangkok.  Read more a about ABV.

Looking forward to my first trip to Asia and starting the adventure of my lifetime  #ibmcsc bangkok.