Pages

Friday, July 15, 2016

Counting down - Logistics done!

For the past three months, I have been heavily involved in completing tasks required for CSC pre work and preparation process. I had a weekly conference call with the team facilitated by Elma Simons (CSC Alumni – Vietnam). Each week we covered one topic of the learning modules. These topics included: team development and emotional intelligence, travel health and safety, cultural adaptability, media and communications, consulting skills … etc. Also, the call featured guest speakers from different organizations @ IBM and from ABV briefing us on legal matters, travel logistics, local policies and cultural awareness. Oh, I forgot to mention the worst part of the CSC pre work was getting my long list of vaccinations completed. The painful combination of needles, soar arms and no way out is brutal and not fun at all.

The CSC team recently had been divided into three sub teams as we are approaching the departure date in a few days. Each team will tackle a project supporting a local client/organization on the ground. My sub team and I will be working with IOM (International Organization for Migration) which is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration management. It was established back in 1951 and has offices spread over 150 countries. IOM acts with its partners in the international community to:
  • Assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management.
  • Advance understanding of migration issues.
  • Encourage social and economic development through migration.
  • Uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants. 

I am really excited about my assignment and nerves at the same time as this opportunity represents a whole new avenue of exploration, there will be many challenges ahead waiting for me. Read more about IOM.

Many of my family, friends and colleagues have wished me a safe trip and a successful experience. Thank you everyone for your kind words, it means a lot to me. Stay tuned for my next update … #ibmcsc bangkok.